Friday 2 February 2018

Grace's Bundled Up Creative Journaling


January's warm and snuggly stickers were just perfect for the beginning of the year; when it's horrible outside (well, it is for most of Europe anyway!), and all you want to do is hide in a duvet. 

Unfortunately I spent more of January wrapped in my duvet than I'd like after getting the dreaded flu! But this sticker kit was exactly what I needed to journal the event. It's always important to journal the good and the not so good!



I started by spraying the pages with a light layer of water, then adding watercolour paints and letting them blend into one another. I also added some watercolour splatters by tapping my brush over the pages.


I then added washi, both from the kit and from my stash onto the pages.
I backed my two photos with some Brimbles papers, both are the B sides of this paper, and this paper. 


Apologies for having to see my make-up-less face! But my lovely cat kept me warm while I was poorly and I managed to get a selfie with him! The flowers are some beautiful pink and white roses (one of my favourites) that my Dad got me as get well soon flowers.


I layered the stickers and some of the phrases over and around the photos, and some more in the corners of the pages, before adding my title with both hand lettering and some alpha stickers from a previous Brimbles Box. 

If you'd like to watch the whole process, then I have a video of that on my YouTube channel which you can watch by clicking here.

After that I did my usual, which was to decorate a weekly planner spread:


 And likewise, you can watch a video of that on my YouTube channel. 

Thanks so much for reading - I hope you're all keeping warm!

Grace @ms.paperlover







No comments:

Post a Comment